Training for Dental Hygienists & Auxiliaries
Dental Auxiliary Radiology Training (DART)
DART Radiology Certification is required for dental assistants in Utah to expose radiographs. Weber State offers a board-approved course that meets the criteria stated in the Dentist and Dental Hygienist Practice Act Rules.
Brief Description of TrainingThe training will include classroom instruction only. There will be no hands-on component. The following topics will be addressed:
- Generation of X-rays
- Dental Radiographic techniques
- Infection control in the taking and processing of dental radiographs
- Effects of radiation on human tissues
- Patient / operator safety
- Processing of Radiographs
- Digital X-rays
CancellationsYou must cancel at least 5 days before the class begins to receive a full refund. No refund will be given if the course is missed. This course will be canceled in the event of insufficient registration.
CertificationYou will receive a certification of completion following the training.
RegistrationLocationWSU Campus, Marriott Allied Health Bldg., Room 480. The instructor will be a faculty member from the WSU Department of Dental Hygiene. Cost $65
Local Anesthesia and Related Pharmacology for Dental HygienistsThis Weber State training now includes additional content and more clinical time in order to better prepare you to:
- Understand the pharmacological science and clinical techniques.
- Take the Western Regional Examination Board (WREB) Dental Hygiene Local Anesthesia examination.
- Obtain an endorsement to administer local anesthesia in dental hygiene practice.