Submission Deadline and Approval
- December 9, 2013: Submissions open.
- January 17, 2014: Submission deadline if you’d like your work to be considered for Metaphor.
- January 31, 2014: General submission deadline.
Students will be notified of their approval by February 28, 2013.
- American Literature
- British Literature
- World Literature
- Creative Works in English or Spanish
- Participants need to have been an undergraduate student during 2012-2013 and have not yet attended graduate school
- Submission must be original work.
- Submissions should not exceed 15 pages and presentation of submission cannot exceed 15 minutes.
- Original poetry submissions have a three poem minimum and five poem maximum, unless submission exceeds 15 minute reading limit.
- Poetry should be submitted as a single document including all pieces and an overall title or collection name (MLA format not required, but name on page number on every page is required)
- Filename format must be Last Name_Title or Last Name_Collection (if poetry submission). Failure to use this format may result in submission not being accepted.
- MLA format required
- Include the student’s name and page number on every page
- Creative submissions can be in Spanish or English.
- Research submissions can be in Spanish or English.
Now that you’ve read the rules, get ready to submit! DO NOT split up your entries into more than one submission.Submit Your Writing