The Study Abroad Office is offering up to forty scholarships in the amount of $500 towards your WSU Study Abroad trip. These scholarships are available for the following programs: Art in Venice, Austria, Barcelona, Britain & Beyond, Canary Islands, China Business, China Language, China Healthcare, Continental Celts, Costa Rica, The Renaissance, France, Ghana Healthcare, Guatemala, Ireland, Scotland & England, Japan, Scandinavia, London, Bath & Paris and Spain. The minimum criteria for the scholarship is as follows:
- Students must be registered for a minimum of three Study Abroad credits.
- Students must demonstrate financial need.
- Students must have a current scholarship application on file in addition to FAFSA application for the 2012-2013 award year that has “study abroad” in the activities section.
- Students must be Undergraduates in good academic standing.
- Students must have a minimum 2.0 overall WSU GPA.
In addition to the above criteria, qualified students must submit a detailed one page essay to the Study Abroad Office (Hurst Center, Room 110 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org ) addressing the following questions and including your name, W# and the Study Abroad program that you are participating in:
- Describe how you expect the content, theme, and location of this program to contribute to the achievement of your academic, career, and personal goals.
- How will your participation in this program help you meet WSU’s goal to educate students to become well-informed citizens with an understanding of the world around them?
You must apply by February 15, 2013 at the latest.
Because Federal Financial Aid regulations are subject to change, please contact Janet Nelson in the Financial Aid office with any questions.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us! You can find help at any of the following numbers:
Study Abroad: (801) 626-6600