skip to content
  • Log In
  • Calendar
  • Maps
Weber State University WSU Division of Online &Continuing Education

Complaints & Grievances

Policy for Student Complaints and Grievances

Students who have a petition/complaint against Weber State University should first file a petition/complaint with the institution by following the institution’s petition/complaint process. See the student code of conduct. If Weber State University does not resolve the petition/complaint, students may file a petition/complaint with the Utah System of Higher Education Board of Regents at . The Board of Regents will only consider petitions/complaints that were previously unresolved by the institution and may refer a petition/complaint to another agency for investigation.

Students who have petitions/complaints against the college/university relating to fraud, false advertising, or other deceptive practices can file a petition/complaint with the Utah Division of Consumer Protection online, through telephone (801-530-6601, Toll Free in Utah at 1-800-721-SAFE), or at 160 East 300 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84111. In addition, students involved with distance and correspondence education can file a petition/complaint with their state’s enforcement authority. Scroll through and click the downloadable copy of student petition/complaint information in accordance with the correct date.

Students who have petitions/complaints relating to the college/university’s quality of education or other issues appropriate for its accrediting body to consider, can file a petitions/complaint with the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities following their policy.


Students in California

Petitions/complaints may be directed to the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education, Department of Consumer Affairs, through their online form.