Student Consumer Complaints

  1. ​Students who have a complaint against Weber State University should first file a complaint with the institution: Petition Form.
    If Weber State University does not resolve the complaint, students may file a complaint with the Utah Board of Regents at The Board of Regents will only consider complaints that were previously unresolved by the institution and may refer a complaint to another agency for investigation.

  2. Students who have complaints against the college/university relating to fraud, false advertising, or other deceptive practices can file a complaint with the Utah Division of Consumer Protection, 160 East 300 East, 2nd Floor, Salt Lake City, UT 84111, Telephone No. 801-530-6601, Toll Free in Utah at 1-800-721-SAFE or online at In addition, students involved with distance and correspondence education can file a complaint with their state’s enforcement authority.*

  3. Students who have complaints relating to issues that are covered by the student code of conduct should follow the institution’s process for filing a complaint. The student code of conduct is found at Students who have complaints relating to the college/university’s quality of education or other issues appropriate for its accrediting body to consider, can file a complaint with the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities at

Copies of documents describing the college/university’s accreditation and state approval are available for review upon request.

State Regulators/Student Consumer Complaints

State complaint forms can be found at the State Authorization Network.

Students in California: Complaints can be directed to the Department of Consumer Affairs through their online form available here: